Custom Search

Friday, April 3, 2009

Infertility, adoption, and kiddos...

Of this I am sure, God made me to be a Mommy. When I was younger, I was sure I would NEVER be a mom...too filled with doubts about what kind of mom I would be. And then the nieces and nephews started coming and all lingering doubts were driven away.



I have a twin sister. An IDENTICAL twin sister for those of you that do not know me personally. We look somewhat alike, but not exactly the same. We have similar personalities and tastes...and exactly the same genes.

So when M had trouble getting pregnant and had to go the In Vitro route, I knew what The Rev and I were in for. We tried for 4 years before we gave in, though, and headed to the infertility docs to start the journey...

I'll share parts of this story over the next few weeks.

Tonight we had a "going away" party for The Rev. He finished his job working for Peachtree Presbyterian Church on Wednesday and the people he worked with, both staff and lay people, came together to bless him for his time. He is going out on his own, to fulfill the passion that began through this job. It was a wonderful evening filled with memories and tears.

I walked away reminded that MY passion in life is to be a Mommy. God gave me that passion, and it is with great pleasure that I am fulfilling this daily.

5 comments:

backwoods conservative said...

I've always heard that we do well what we like well, so with that in mind you should do just fine at parenting. More power to you.

BTW, I see your blog has been attracting more attention lately and you're beginning to get more discussion going on. Congratulations.

Swizz said...

Thank you! On both counts. I count YOU as my most faithful reader. :o)

I can't wait to see where I'll be when my blog turns one year. A move? A new family member? (No, we are not pregnant!)

Thanks for supporting me so well. I really mean that. Truly!

ThatsBaloney said...

All I ever wanted to be was a mom, so I know what you mean. I used to be embarassed that it was my aspiration but not anymore.
For the record, I was only able to tell you and M apart because of your awesome backpacks with your names on them. Seriously! You look exactly alike to me! I was also thankful when one of you cut your hair different from the other. haha.
I'm anxious to hear your stories of infertility. It is not fun at all and a real trial in all aspects of your life. People don't realize it unless they experience it. I'm planning to do some blogs on that in the near future as well.

Dana said...

Identical twin sis? Me too! Mirror images. Ditto personalities, tastes, voices, etc., and just try explaining what that's like to other people. LOL.

Swizz said...

Dana, it's always been funny to me when people ask us what it's like being a twin. My question in response is typically What is it like NOT being a twin! We know what we know. :o)

If you get to know us, though, you can tell the difference. I look more like Patterico, in reality, than I do M.