Custom Search

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lemons into Lemonade




Recently I told you about JMonster and his new WHY? stage. As in previous stages, I've decided that if he is going to go through something annoying, I'm going to make it something humorous (at least humorous to ME!).



Thus, when he asks me WHY? one too many times, I've now trained him to go through the following dialogue with me:

"Why, Mommy?"
This is the one too many times one...


"WHY, JMonster?"
Said with a big look of question on my face and drawn out slightly.


"Why, why, why? All day long, all I hear is Why, why, why!"
Said in a sing-songy voice with a HUGE grin on his face.


He stops asking WHY? for awhile and I get to laugh...

Points for everyone!

4 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

We sing the NO song around here. Mine never got stuck in the why game?! I know I did it to my mom all the time, tho.

Swizz said...

No, is no. No is always no. If they say no it means a thousand times NO! No plus no, equals no, all roads lead to NO, NO, NO!!!!

LOVE that song!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Your JMonster must be about the same age as my Mo-Tay. He asks "why" repeatedly! Some days I think my head might just explode. I need to try this little trick!

Swizz said...

Me...it really works. Not that it stops the Whys completely, but it really is comedic relief in the midst of something horribly annoying!

Let me know how it works for you!