Today's Missional Monday is a topic near and dear to my heart. Food allergies! Although I am not currently involved with this organization I am dedicated to making food allergies more widely known, as well as supporting those that already do.
Kids With Food Allergies is a national nonprofit food allergy organization dedicated to fostering optimal health, nutrition, and well-being of children with food allergies by providing education and a caring support community for their families and caregivers.
KFA helps children with food allergies and their families cope with dietary restrictions, lifestyle adjustments, fear and isolation through education, peer support, food/cooking assistance and outreach programs.
- Education Program
KFA's Educational program is focused on providing reliable and accurate health information to parents and caregivers which, in turn, benefit the health and well-being of children with food allergies.
- Peer Support Program
Parents of Food Allergic Kids (POFAK™) online support groups offer peer-to-peer emotional and social support as well as food and cooking assistance. The support groups are staffed by parent volunteers who know first-hand the day-to-day challenges of raising a child with food allergies.
- Food and Cooking Assistance Program
In a society that revolves around food, finding safe recipes and preparing safe foods for a child with food allergies is of primary concern. KFA offers food and cooking-focused educational materials, a searchable Safe Eats™ Recipe Database, an Allergy Buyer's Guide and other offerings to address the critical concern of families: "what can I feed my child?"
KFA’s outreach efforts focus on providing quality education about food allergies, and raising awareness of KFA’s programs for families nationwide.
- To foster optimal health, nutrition, and well-being of children
- To address the social and emotional needs of families upon diagnosis and as they adapt to a food allergy lifestyle
- To provide a caring support community for families, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- To empower families with trustworthy information, news and resources
- To encourage families to acquire knowledge to manage their children's food allergies while building effective communication between themselves and their children's doctors
- To include those dealing with single or multiple food allergies as well as other conditions resulting in adverse reactions to foods
- To provide interactive and creative approaches for finding safe foods and recipes
- To build confidence for families and children to accomplish anything in life despite their food restrictions
- To reach out to physicians to raise awareness of the social and emotional needs of families upon diagnosis and as they adapt to a food allergy lifestyle
- To innovate with a creative team of professionals, medical advisors, volunteers and staff
- To build and sustain a broad base of support from those who believe in our organization’s mission and will contribute funds needed to succeed.
Please take some time and check out this wonderful organization on their website! See if their mission can help you match your passion with your purpose.