Custom Search

Friday, April 10, 2009

Blogs (UPDATED!)

Now that I've had my blog for just under 2 months (okay 1 month and 23 days to be exact), I've been reading other people's blogs to get hints and ideas for mine.  You bet I'm not above snooping and stealing!  Except, there are many, many blogs out there that have me wondering...

Why is it that so many of the "mom" blogs I've been reading have resorted to using their blog as a product review site?  They have fun giveaways, I guess, but is that REALLY what blogging is about now?  What's even more frustrating is finding a site that has a great post and then they don't have a "real" post for days and days because they fill their site with reviews and giveaways and trendy "non-topics".

Where am I supposed to steal my best stuff from, people, if you aren't providing me fodder?

I'm sure I've now ticked off the 2 people I've managed to get to read my blog outside of my family.  Oh well, it was bound to happen...



UPDATE: After a brief discussion with my husband, I am issuing an apology for saying that blogs where people who do reviews on their blogs aren't really blogs. They ARE blogs, just not the content I prefer to read. So, I retract this statement (but still want to know WHY so many people feel the need to do these reviews. Can anyone tell me that?!?).

4 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I think its a valid question! Although I do reviews on my 'community blog' (BSU) I try to stay away from that stuff on my personal blog. I much prefer people staying and getting to know me because they like me, and not because I am giving something away. I also find it hard to 'get to know' a fellow blogger when you have to sift through the reviews to find 'them'

ThatsBaloney said...

That's the beauty of having so many blogs out there - you don't have to read the ones that don't interest you! Click the red "x" in the corner and move on. :)

There's something for everyone out there.

Swizz said...

I know, I know...but I happen to have gotten excited about a couple of them and then WHAM...a review.

And I hate to admit I hate wading through the blogs, too. I want all good, all the time.

Blog snob at such an early "age"! :o)

Matt said...

I personally would rather read the personal interest (I do like the blogs that mix that with politics though, the reason I ended up here from Patterico). I haven't run into too many of the review blogs myself, but don't find them too interesting for me, but I'm sure there are those that like them.