Custom Search

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Infertility, adoption, and kiddos (part 7)

If you'd like a refresher or just need to catch up, go HERE, HERE, HERE , HERE ,HERE and HERE. It might take you some time, but no need to hurry! We're not going anywhere...

So now I was feeling better from the progesterone leaving my body, but starting to get very uncomfortable from the pregnancy. I won't go into all of the details, but let's just say that I'm a fairly small person. And pregnancy was just not good for my body.

Side note: When I was 6 months pregnant we lost my Dad. It was one of the hardest moments in my pregnancy...knowing that he wouldn't get to see or hold my child. It's amazing now how much of him I see in JMonster.

Unlike most of the world, I went into labor ON my due date. I delivered the next day, March 15th, after laboring for 16 or 17 hours but only pushing for 14 minutes.
Here I am, in labor, and you can see my "coach" The Rev in the back.
Think he was a help?
(Okay, he was. A huge one I might add.)

JMonster was born at 2:14pm on March 15th, 2006. He had been in distress during the last part of labor (they threatened me with a vacuum...I wouldn't have it) and it was about 45 minutes before I got to hold him. He was crying on the other side of the delivery room, but when I said his name he stopped crying and actually tried to look around for me. I will never forget that. A newborn trying to raise his head and look with goopy eyes for someone he's never seen, just heard. Awwww...a momma's joy.




No comments: