Custom Search

Monday, March 2, 2009

Foot frustrations

I had my follow-up appointment for my foot MRI this morning. I went into it knowing that it was a possibility that they wouldn't find anything, but hoping beyond hope that they would. "A cast. A boot. Four to six weeks, it'll be all better. Surgery. Minor, but necessary." These were the things I was hoping for, but what I heard was, "We still don't know what is wrong with your foot. The MRI didn't show any structural damage. It's possible it's nerve damage, but I don't know what sending you to a neurologist will do. I'll give you a script for a lidocaine patch, send you to physical therapy if you want, and well, I don't know what else to tell you."

It has been a YEAR, shy just a few weeks, since a chair fell over on top of my foot. An actual injury with a lovely bruise and much swelling. I still can't wear certain shoes. My foot aches at night if I use it too much. I can't stand on my tippy toes on that foot, or let it hang down with my toes pointing downward, or jump on one foot. Oh, and it hurts to drive.

I've been to the doc 3 times, had an MRI, and shed many a tear. I've wasted countless dollars, and to no avail. I'm not a wimp. Truly. I've actually been pretty tough through all of this. But I'm ready to get better! I'm ready to run, workout, and play rough with my son!


(This is NOT my foot...just a random MRI image of a foot!)

I'm looking for a new doctor and a radiologist to read my MRI. If you have any suggestions...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's your problem. You're wearing the wrong foot!

Brian

Swizz said...

You 2 funny!

ThatsBaloney said...

I feel your pain, kind of. For almost 10 years now I have had mystery joint pain mostly located in the shoulders. Blood tests, xrays, meds, nothing conclusive.
We are getting old.