Custom Search

Saturday, June 6, 2009

All Moved In!

Sorry for the delay in posting. Our 13 1/2 hour drive turned into almost 18 hours and an overnight stay at the country's most disgusting Motel 6 (Monroe, LA). Weather, traffic, construction, a loaded Penske truck that couldn't accelerate on hills, and a 3 year old's teensy toonsy bladder were all contributing factors in our extended trip. It was long and exhausting, but WE ARE HERE!



We got the truck unloaded a few hours after we arrived...The Rev is AMAZING! I've managed to unpack most of the boxes and get stuff away; I only have a few things left to do before we can declare ourselves "done".

And my twin sister, who seems to run our new neighborhood, has lined up over 5 families that are looking for swimming lessons for their kiddos. Each family has multiple kids, so I'm looking at being booked up before I even start teaching! That's great!

JMonster is getting settled in with his 3 cousins (E & A who are 6 year old twins and S who is 5 months older than JMonster). He keeps telling us that he LOVES his new home, and even cried twice the first day we were here because he thought we were having to leave. "I don't want to leave my new home, Momma!" Between sobs I tried to explain that he wasn't leaving his new home and he was going to live here for awhile. It'll take awhile, but I really think this is going to be a positive experience for him. Keep your fingers crossed!


"A"
"E & S"


Thanks to all who have supported us through thoughts, prayers, and kind words as we've gone through this transition. It has been tough, but we are excited about this new chapter in our lives!

Remind me to tell you about the fun neighborhood party we went to last night. Fun peeps! Until next time...CIAO!

7 comments:

backwoods conservative said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best in your new home.

Patterico said...

Awesome. Glad John Michael likes it.

Ash said...

How gorgeous!!! I can't believe you're already unpacked. You amaze me.

And I'm pretty sure we've stayed in that Monroe hotel during a horrible storm on our way to Florida - yes, ew.

ThatsBaloney said...

We've been in our home for 2.5 years and Jacob is still asking to go back. He wants to have his bedroom downstairs again!
Looks beautiful, Swizz! I didn't realize you and Marianne would be in the same neighborhood - but why wouldn't I?!
Tell Marianne hello and enjoy getting settled in.
I wish you had moved to Tulsa instead.

Kim said...

Glad you are home! Maybe we can meet up somewhere in between!

Swizz said...

I hope everyone realizes that that is NOT my house! I'm living with my twin sister in my mom's house (attached to sister's house) until we build our house. Which IS in the same neighborhood...just down the equestrian trail!

Thanks for the supportive comments! Boy is moving tough. :0)

DRJ said...

I know it's great to be home with family, especially a nice family like yours.