Custom Search

Friday, April 16, 2010

This is a BLOG announcement:

I don't really care how many people read my blog. Not really. Okay, maybe that's a small lie.
It IS kind of fun to see lots of people reading.

Mostly, I like to see where people who read my blog are from.

Except, there are a few of you who scare me.

It's almost like you're stalking me.

So...STOP!

Let me introduce you to GOOGLE READER, or iGoogle, or PubSub. They are ways to subscribe to a blog and see every single one of their posts. Without having to check back every 2 minutes.

So my family doesn't think you are stalking me.

Go sign up for one. Now! I mean it people...

3 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Paranoid much?

backwoods conservative said...

I think Baloney has a point. You're probably worrying over nothing. I'm sure I accounted for some of what you were seeing, but that's because I have a tendency to idly cycle through my favorite websites.

On many of the more active websites there are a lot of people checking in frequently, and there are running conversations and active debates going on. Your website hasn't grown to that point yet, and may not ever, but it is virtually certain that it won't if you're going to be so frightened of frequent visitation that you actively discourage it. But it is your website and you're free to do with it as you please.

Since you put up this post I've put your website on a twice a day cycle. I can't see downloading unnecessary software just to keep up with one website.

BTW, if frequently checking a person's website makes me a stalker, then I'm also stalking Michelle Malkin, Ed Morrissey, Allahpundit, Matt Drudge, and some guy in Georgia whose website is even less active than yours.

Swizz said...

Backwoods...
It's NOT you, I know where you live. ;o)

And YES I'm a bit paranoid. Mostly to protect my family. It doesn't help that my brother has a HUGE blog and a crazy job where people would try to get at him or his family. I've promised to try and protect them as well.

Partly I was trying to be funny. Sarcasm is a huge part of my humor repertoire! ;o)