Custom Search

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Super Mom!

Okay, I'm not REALLY super mom. Nor do I wish to be...too much pressure! But I do have fun with some things that makes others THINK I'm super mom. I make my own yogurt, I make most of our bread, but tonight...tonight I did something extra special for the first time.

I MADE HOMEMADE TORTILLAS!!! Yes, homemade corn tortillas. Not store-bought. Not frozen throw in the pan and "cook" them homemade, but honest to goodness homemade corn tortillas.

They were not pretty. Next time I'll take a picture to post for the full effect. Next time I'll use a tortilla press, because now that I know how EASY it is to make them I'll be doing it all the time.

They were mighty tasty! And man, what a sense of accomplishment. I made tortillas.

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Your not gonna share the recipe?

Swizz said...

Okay, here is the recipe. It's so easy you'll be ashamed you buy tortillas at the store!

1 cup masa (kind of like ground up corn flour?)...find this in the mexican food section of the grocery
2/3 cup water (if dry after mixing, add water 1 T at a time)
1/8 tsp salt (though I think I'll add more next time and maybe some other seasonings like cayenne?)

mix, divide into 8, roll each part into a ball and either press with a tortilla press or put between two pieces of saran wrap or wax paper and roll thin with rolling pin. Put on pre-warmed pan (medium high) and cook 50 seconds, flip, cook another 50 seconds. Ta-da! TORTILLAS