Custom Search

Friday, October 26, 2012

Doubting Swizz

DisclaimerIf you are looking for a blog post which is full of spiritual truths and sounds like it was written by Mother Theresa, I can give you some links to a few other blogs.  If you, like me, live life day to day and question what is real, what you think and believe, what others say...then this is the post for you.

I often wonder if I am the only person who does this:

I will be reading the Bible, which I believe to be the infallible Word of God, I do...
And will find myself wondering how they did it.

How did Jesus make it look like he was taken up to Heaven and hidden by a cloud?

How did they make it look like they did all of the miracles?

How much planning went into pulling off all of these Houdini style magic tricks?

I can picture a room full of men planning and scheming.

Coming up with ways to pull off hoax after hoax.

"One of us can pretend we are dying.  Or dead."

"I can act like I'm blind!"

And then it will hit me.

Why?

Why would they do this?

What benefit would there be for them?

Money?
(um, really?  my mind goes there?  when they were poor?)

Persecution?

Prison?

To be beheaded?

I will shake my head as I sit reading and realize just where my thoughts have taken me.

And be so glad that the God of the universe understands.

And. Still. Loves. Me.

No comments: