Custom Search

Monday, June 7, 2010

Chocolate syrup recipe

Every night since I started this elimination diet I've had a chocolate cupcake.  I made them from boxed cake mixes that fit into the diet.  And believe it or not, they are YUMMY!

I ran out.

I have another box of mix, but no canola oil.  
And you just CANNOT use olive oil for cupcakes.

So tonight, yes tonight, I had to find a substitute for my cupcake.


I made chocolate syrup and ate it with blueberries and cut up apples.

Mmmmm...














Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar (I used stevia instead and just used less since it is so sweet)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 dash salt

Directions

  1. Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
  2. Add water, and mix until smooth.
  3. Bring this mixture to a boil.
  4. Allow it to boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil.
  5. Remove from heat, when this cools add the vanilla.
ENJOY!!

2 comments:

JennyMac said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! YUM.

ThatsBaloney said...

Yum! I will try this!