Custom Search

Friday, November 13, 2009

100,000 and Counting!


My (very dirty needs a good washing and detailing) car just reached 100,000 miles. A HUGE accomplishment if I do say so myself. It happened on the way home from dropping off JMonster and Flower at school.

The Rev was getting in his car when we pulled in the driveway. When I told him my fun "news" he said, "Mine did, too! Last night on the drive back from Atlanta. It flipped on the back roads of Louisiana...kinda freaked me out."

So now we have two vehicles with over 100,000 miles on them. Both paid off. Hopefully they'll keep us getting where we need to go for another 100,000 miles or so each!

3 comments:

backwoods conservative said...

Is that all?

My van had 130,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has 227,000 miles. I had the engine and transmission rebuilt at 205,000 miles. It's still in great shape and I'm in no hurry to even consider buying another vehicle.

Pamela said...

My car is at 125,000 - we are in the market for a new car, but not b/c of mileage but b/c it's so small that when littleA is in his seat he can kick front passengers in the shoulder! So, a bigger vehicle is in store and I'm sad, my little green machine has seen a lot with me. I'll be said to see it go.

Krause said...

Man, I suck compared to you guys. I have one with 25K and another with 35K, neither paid off (though I did buy them both right). And before this, in the last 14 years we've had one car that went over 70K and one that went over 30K and probably 10 different cars that never busted 30K miles (actually I just counted and it's only 8, but that makes a total of 12 different cars we've owned in 14 years, including 5 years of living in and around Manhattan and having one car or no cars at those times...geesh). New cars are fun, but they're freakin' expensive. I think we're going on your plan with the ones we have now...