Custom Search

Monday, September 21, 2009

Missional Monday


WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE MISSIONAL?

I remember hearing people in the church (The Rev!) talking about being "missional" a few years back and thinking..."is that a REAL word?". I'm a stickler for good grammar and vocabulary, you know. I also recall wondering, if it is a real word, what does it mean?

Church talk. Blech!

What I've come to learn...and BELIEVE, is that being missional should be the goal of every Christian. Period. End of sentence. Our "jobs" as believers...our MISSION...requires us to be the hands and feet of Jesus. At home. At school. At work. In all areas of our lives; in every role we "play"....we should reflect the love that Christ gives us on the world around us.

I love the way Casting Crowns puts it:
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?

And Audio Adrenaline:
I wanna be your hands
I wanna be your feet

I'll go where you send me,
go where you send me

I'll be your hands

I'll be your feet

I'll go where you send me,
go where you send me

And l'll try,
yeah I'll try

To touch the world
like
You touched my life
And I'll find my way

To be your hands


Part of MY mission right now is to help others find THEIR mission. Are YOU missional?

Visit my site every Monday to find a different organization highlighted. Maybe you can find a place to connect Your passion with Your purpose...your mission.


1 comment:

Johnny said...

Love it ... couldn't have said it better myself. Love ya