Custom Search

Friday, February 24, 2012

Things I want to learn

It's funny, I have so much going on inside my head that it swirls around making it impossible for me to choose what to write about.

Making it impossible for me to "put on paper" my thoughts, ideas, and feelings.

I had an English teacher once who said just start writing and it will come.

SO I'm starting.

With a list, cuz I'm good at lists.  

In fact I live my life by list!
(does that make me OCD or just incredibly organized?)

THINGS I WANT TO LEARN:

To sing.
I sound like a frog.  Always thought it was allergies but now know it is reflux.  
On meds to fix it.  
When we get it under control I want to sound like a princess.
Too much to ask?

To play piano (again!).
I took for years but it didn't stick.

To speak French.
Once again I took classes for years, but they didn't stick either!

To play guitar.
The Rev tried to teach me once, but I didn't want to cut my nails.
I'd cut my nails this time!

To make tile mosaics.
They're beautiful!  I'd love to have them in my home...art I've done!

To take photographs properly.
I'm a hack at it.  I love it, but know absolutely nothing.

To whistle.
You know, the put your fingers in your mouth to call the kids from 2 miles away whistle?
Yeah, I want to be THAT girl!

To have a green thumb.
I love eating fresh, organic foods.
I've tried to keep plants alive.
I really have!
It's just not my gift.

To live life like JMonster does...without caring about what others think.
He has such a zest for life!
He'll dance when and where he feels like it.
He'll bust out in song if the mood strikes.
He lives with gusto!
I wanna be just. like. him.

WHAT WOULD BE ON YOUR LIST?

1 comment:

backwoods conservative said...

Never lose the love of learning. The desire for knowledge still burns brightly in me at 53. Lately I've been having a ball studying history, mainly the pre-Civil War era. (And I get to help Swizz by buying my books from Amazon.)

I'd like to learn to play piano, and eventually harpsichord.

I wish I knew more about physics, but my mind recoils from complex mathematics.

Geology is something I'd like to learn more about. I see layered rock formations in the mountains and I know those formations have a story to tell, if you know how to read it. I want to learn how to read it.

I'm fluent in two languages--English and Profane. :)